Wednesday, November 17, 2010

ramblings

So I only have a few minutes before I need to head over and help the hubby get ready for youth tonight, but wanted to share a few things...
-I have been reading this FANTASTIC book (at least in my opinion) that I got from the doctor's office on Sunday...it's called "Every Drunken Cheerleader...Why Not Me?" It is hilarious and heart-breaking...it really just solidifies the fact that I am not alone in this crazy infertile world! This book is great if you are struggling with the big "I" as she calls it (infertility), or if you have a friend who might be going through it. It explains all about the crazy hormone induced rages she went through, how difficult it was to be a friend when you need a friend, the never ending (or so it seems) onslaught of baby shower invites or announcements that make you weep when you think about them...but it also puts it all into perspective. I could choose to wallow in self pity and never leave home, or I can live my wonderful life that God has given me, strive to be the best wife and friend possible, and know that God will never give me anything I cannot handle! This is not to say that I won't have or feel entitled to my moments of what I assume agony feels like. I will still cry in less than a week if the pregnancy test is negative. I will still only want my husband to cry on for the day, but will secretly hope friends will text, because who wants to go through this without that support?! But I know that if the test is negative, we will try again!

Onto the second reason for this post...I was able to go home for a few minutes between working at church and the students arriving, so me and Barker (my cute and oh so cuddly dog) decided to watch The Doctors...this episode dealt with drug addiction. They had teens girls on who were addicts and one had had 2 miscarriages. They then showed a center for babies that came from moms with drug addictions. I sobbed for probably 20 minutes...it was the most awful thing I have ever seen...how can people do that to an unborn child? Why would you ever think that was ok??? I cannot with words explain how badly I want a child, and to see that makes me sick!!!!

That is all for now...hope everyone has a great rest of their Wednesday!

1 comment:

  1. In high school, I had some friends whose Mom housed babies at their home that were recovering from their mother's addictions, whatever they were. They were the sweetest things and even as a teenager I wanted to strangle their stupid mother - wherever they were! At least they were away from her. It was very eye-opening. Yes, it is super sad and so unfair to that poor, innocent soul.

    ReplyDelete