Monday, November 1, 2010

no time!!!

I truly don't have time to post, but feel like things are moving so fast and if I don't write about them, I will forget!

First of all, let me just say again what a blessing it is for my husband to be on staff at the church we are at! Our pastor and his wife are some of the most amazing people I have ever encountered...we have never felt as loved as we do here! Our staff as a whole are just incredible! Everyone has their ups and downs, but at the end of the day, I think everyone can truly say how well we work together and just love each other.

Next, WE OPENED OUR NEW YOUTH BUILDING!!!! Last week was so difficult, as we were not ever home except to sleep and shower...not to mention that because I am a girl, I apparently have certain hormones that decide to keep me awake all night! By the time Wednesday rolled around, I was a big mess. Ben and I were so distant-he was doing his thing and I was doing mine...when worship started that evening, I started crying. I didn't cry out of sadness, but just thankfulness that God's presence was so real! After worship and Ben speaking, we moved into the youth building for a short time of worship...here come the tears again! It was amazing to see 10 years of planning on Ben's part, and God's faithfulness come together!!! We had our first official Sunday morning in there yesterday and I think the students loved it:)

Finally, we are still on this what seems like a never-ending journey with infertility. We did have our first IUI on October 16th...it was unsuccessful (which is probably why the water works were flowing last week-ha!) We are scheduled for an ultrasound today to make sure I do not have any new cysts growing...if all goes well, I will start round 2 of Femara, track my temp. and other fun things, then IUI #2...I am not sure what my emotions will be like if this one does not work. After failure #1, at least we have 2 more to try...now, if this one fails, we are down to one chance. Ben and I briefly talked this morning about IVF versus adoption...both are incredible expensive, and potentially heart breaking...as always, I know God is in control. He will never give us more than we can bear!!!

2 comments:

  1. Praying for you both! One day you guys will be great parents to a blood baby or an adopted baby and I look forward to reading all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks ashley!!! I'll be calling you for advice!

    ReplyDelete