Tuesday, November 2, 2010

good report

The doctor's appointment yesterday went about how we expected...I was so thankful Ben could be there with me! No cysts-PTL!! We started the meds today, then in a few weeks we will go back for iui #2...I think the best part about the procedure (other than the fact that I could finally get pregnant) is that I am ordered to lay around the rest of the day and take it easy:) I can handle that!!!

Ben and I talked more on a walk with our child (furry, four legs, and cute as can be), and discussed more what IVF versus adoption would look like. We didn't come to any conclusions. It is hard to just live in the now, and not think about the what-ifs. I wish I could be a positive polly and not a negative nelly, but thanks to my wonderful mom (and she truly is), I think I have inherited a forever glass half empty gene:( It all balances out though...Ben always sees the positive in every situation it seems! It just reinforces the fact that God knew exactly what He was doing when He brought us together!!!

Well, we are off to vote! Happy Tuesday:)

1 comment:

  1. Elizabeth,

    Best of luck as you enter into this cycle for IUI #2. I have great FAITH in the IUI process now, but felt much like you when I was going through it. Ultimately, I decided that what would be would be and I had little control over the situation. And as a type A personality with a need to be in control....that was super difficult. I tried to be positive in thinking of how fortunate I was to even have the alternatives of IUI and IVF. And that I KNEW adoption could always be a reality and I wanted to embrace that option as well. It's so hard to not to have a back up plan, as I was the girl with a back up plan to her back up plan. However, I resigned to just try my earnest to give it to God. And just when I KNEW that BFN was on its way, the course changed and I saw a BFP.

    Hang in there and know that we are all cheering you on! Again, I feel as though the IUI will work and don't believe any differently :)

    Many HUGS to you and loads of Baby Dust
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete