Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Here comes the storm!!!

So living in the south typically provides little excitement as far as winter weather goes. The spring is full of tornadoes, hail, heavy downpours, etc. but the winter has always been kinda lame...until now! We missed the big snow/ice storm over Christmas, but we are ready to hunker down for the one coming on Thursday! We will hit the grocery store this afternoon and I will stay home tomorrow morning to make sure the house and laundry is clean before we potentially lose power. Who wants to stay in a dirty, stinky (only stinky because of a teenage boy) house for days???

Ben is super excited about the storm. He makes me laugh as he switches from one station to the next, trying to determine which meteorologist will be correct:) He is too cute!!!

Daniel's mom has decided to take him to his aunts house tomorrow, which means it will be me and the hubs, alone, braving this wonderful storm together:) So glad we bought logs for the fireplace!!!

There is a downside to the storm that will force us to stay in our pj's for days, snuggled under blankets on the couch, watching our DVR recordings...my niece has her 1 year birthday party in Texas on Saturday. 2 of my senior girls were going to stay the night Friday, get up early Sat, drive to the party, the drive home that afternoon. Of course the drive home was going to be full...a stop at Sam Moon, shopping at the outlet mall in Gainesville, and of course TACO CASA!!! It looks like I will miss my niece's party and the fun that would accompany:(

We have a busy month ahead though, so maybe God knows we need this weekend just to ourselves! We have a D-NOW the first weekend in Feb...we are hoping for 100 students! We have plans to eat out with friends at the Melting Pot the following Friday (for V-Day)! The next Wed., Ben will be going to a conference in Grapevine, TX...I'm totally stressing about this! We have never spent the night apart...yes, we have been to camps and slept on different sides of a cabin, but never in a different location! I think I will go stay with my parent while he is at the conference...I'm hoping he can at least ride back with me on Friday:) Of course after this, we have the dreaded surgery to face. As I was driving yesterday, I was listening to the song "Inside Out" and started to cry.
The words say "Everlasting, your light will shine when all else fades. Never ending, your glory goes beyond all fame, and the cry of my heart is to bring You praise, from the inside out, Lord my soul cries out"...This song is so true, but one I often forget. No matter what happens with the baby situation, I want to bring God praise! He has His reasons for what we are going through, and while I don't understand, He only has our best interest at heart!!!

God bless you today!

No comments:

Post a Comment