Monday, January 18, 2010

Things I am either too unsophisticated or not quite "cool" enough for...

I have discovered a few things about myself this past weekend! I am so NOT a sophisticated lady...this makes me a tad bummed, but is also pretty humorous how this new found knowledge came about.
It all started last weekend when Daniel moved in with us. After only one night of 2 boys in my house, I needed to do something girly. So, on Saturday, I went to get my nails done! I walked in (as I had many times in the past) and said, "I need a manicure". After a moment, they took me to a seat and began to soak my nails in warm, soapy water. Now for you ladies who are sophisticated, you know that I should have walked in and said "I need a full set." I will attribute my ignorance to being very distracted by our new housemate. After a few moments, I told the girl how much I liked her nails (which were tippped) and that I wanted mine to look like hers. I was hoping this would prompt her to say "Oh, you want tips?", but it did not. We get to the part where she oils my nails and I go to wash. I sit back down and ask, "So do you just use the gel on my real nail instead of using tips?" She looked at me very puzzled, and it was downhill from there. I was almost in tears, feeling so stupid!
Well, I got my tips! So I'm feeling ok at this point...still a little dumb, but much more self confident! I make it all the way to Monday before my thumb nail popped right off! I was walking the dog with a friend and Barker, our usually sweet dachshund/jack russell mix, was a living terror. As I was pushing the button to lock his leash, my nail got caught and I watched it fly off my finger, through the air, and land on the red mud stained street. UTTER FRUSTRATION! I decided that I would quickly get it fixed and move on with life.
Then yesterday rolls around...the weekend had been horrible, with me and Ben both feeling the pressures of having a third body in our house to care for (other than Barker). Getting ready for church was a nightmare! Nothing would fit me, I felt like I looked hideous in every outfit I put on, and I was exhausted. I finally found a pair of pants that I could pin, that didn't look half bad. When I was finishing up, I hear Ben start gagging. Daniel comes into our room holding Barker and I, not so kindly, said "put him away, we are so late!" He goes on to tell me that Barker had pooped in his kennel. GREAT!!! So after Ben and Daniel left for church, I was left to clean up the mess. It was during this that yet another nail popped off. So picture this:me in my Sunday best, on my knees covered in poop, nailless, and in tears on the kitchen floor.
My conclusion: I am DEFINITELY NOT sophisticated enough for nails! If I were, I'd have a dog walker, a dog cleaner-upper, and someone to pick out my clothes!
More on this subject later...I'm sure I have bored you enough for now;)

2 comments:

  1. If it's any consolation, I thought you looked very nice Sunday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol...thanks Ashley!!! It was so great to see you:)

    ReplyDelete