Monday, November 7, 2011

LINCOLN IS HERE!!!

Well, the night of my last post was the last one we spent with just Ben and myself. We did out normal Monday activities, which included visitation at church. We went to bed around 10:30, only to be woken up by the most horrible pain I have ever experienced. I did pray that I would go into labor on my own. My doctor had no intention of inducing before 2 weeks, but I just really wanted every experience that goes along with having a child...and that included labor pains-crazy, I know!
   At 1:30 Tuesday morning, I woke up in horrible pain. I waited through 2 contractions, then told Ben if I have 2 more, we are not timing anything, but going to the hospital. Sure enough, they kept coming and there was very little time in between them. They started and kept up at 2-3 minutes apart! We called our best friends down the street, and dropped Barker off at their house. Kristi and Katie met us at the hospital at 3:30. We would have been there sooner, but I wanted to shower first, and go by Jack in the Box...they had already turned their milkshake machine off though:(
   When we got to the hospital, we got a ride to the doors by a nice man on a golf cart doing security. Ben wheeled me to the 4th floor, where they proceeded to ask me a ton of questions. I could barely answer when a contraction hit, as they had me in tears. They got us to a room, checked me, and said yep, we were staying! Within an hour, I had an epidural and was ready to party! Kristi and Katie stayed with us the whole time, even after our families arrived. We love them dearly!!!
   The nurse kept telling us that we were only allowed 4 people in the room at a time. Everyone would clear out, then slowly trickle back in. We were given a stern look a few times, but it was much more fun with everyone there:)
   At around noon, they called my doctor and said I was ready to push. She arrived around 1 and it all happened so fast. Lincoln Andrew was born at 2:13 on Tuesday, October 25, 2011!!! He was 7 pounds 15 oz. and 20 inches long. He scored almost perfectly on his Apgar test, did score perfectly on his hearing test, and is just amazing!!! We love him so dearly:)
   Last week was an intensely crazy week, but I'll update on that tomorrow. For now, Lincoln and I are at work with daddy, and we love it. The sling he currently sleeps in is so portable, and Lincoln is such a good baby! I'm so thankful that Ben's works at a church and, at least for now, we can still do ministry together!

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the world little Lincoln! Congratulations! So very happy for you! Enjoy every second of this incredible blessing...it goes by so fast ;)

    Hugs to you
    Andrea
    persuitofourfairytale

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise God! I'm so happy for you all!

    ReplyDelete