Monday, April 11, 2011

thoughts

I have really been struggling lately with a lot of things. I have had such a hard time lately, being excited about our pregnancy, when so many people in my life are hurting so badly. I know that our "happy times" may be few and far between, and that we should take delight in them, but my heart hurts for so many right now. We have several families/friends at church who have either lost loved ones to cancer or are in the midst of seeing their loved ones struggle. No words can be enough to comfort. I know that true peace comes only from the Lord, but I just wish we as humans could do more to ease the pain. I won't let myself go to thoughts of "what if one of our parents", because just the thought is too painful.
Along with these needs, I have 2 sweet friends who are in the middle of their own infertility struggles. Once again, there are no words that I can say to make things better. I know how it feels when someone gives you their hope, and by that I mean, sharing their success story. I don't feel like that is my place. I feel like I am just supposed to cry with them, love them, and walk through this with them. I am blessed to have had a wonderful fertility doctor, whom I would recommend to anyone. One of my friends lives in the Houston area, and one close by. I just hope that if they have questions, they will ask me. I want to be that sounding board. I know God took us on our journey for a reason, and I would feel more than blessed if even part of our reason for it was to be a support to others.
On a personal note, my dad called and he lost his job this past week. He is a teacher and was working at a charter school. Apparently, they can hire and fire at leisure, without reason. My parents have had money worries in the past, but were finally getting on top of things. I definitely did not grow up rich. I know what it is like to scour the house for enough money to buy milk for the week. I hate that they are having to go through this. I wish we were rich and could give them whatever they need until something happens.
Through all of this, I know God is still in control! He still sits on his throne! We are so blessed to be 12 weeks pregnant this Wednesday and to have that sweet little one growing stronger every day. I will leave you with part of the chorus of one of my favorite Matt Redman songs, You Never Let Go...
Oh no, You never let go
Through the calm and through the storm
Oh no, You never let go
In every high and every low
Oh no, You never let go
Lord, You never let go of me

No comments:

Post a Comment