Monday, April 4, 2011

staying busy

I had really hoped to keep up better with this blog now that our little miracle is on the way! I don't want to forget anything that is happening, but life just seems to get ahead of me and I can't catch up! We have had the privilege of seeing Ziggy 3 times now! Each time, we have heard that strong heartbeat! This last time, at 10 weeks, we saw legs and arms dancing all over the place! Ben says there is no way our child will be a baptist, although we are, because everyone knows baptists don't dance-haha!
I have not been too sick lately, and still have not thrown up once-Praise the Lord!!! I am exhausted and don't sleep much, but we have had so much going on at church, I feel like my brain is on overdrive! Ben booked our vacation though, so I do have that to look forward to! We found an awesome deal on another cruise-this time to the Bahamas and the Turks & Caicos (we have seen this island on Wheel of Fortune, and it looks FABULOUS!!!) I am just so thankful that I will have an excuse to eat everything in sight...multiple times a day:)
Swimsuit shopping for my beached whale body proved successful, yet frightening and not so attractive. I got a super cute tankini, but the not yet pregnant look, just fat tummy, does not exactly appeal to the eyes. I had the thought at Khols that I am no longer a young wife, I am now a mommy. YAY!!!!
We go back in 3 weeks 2 days to have a check-up. I do miss my fertility doc and the bi-weekly glimpses at my sweet baby!
I am hoping there is nothing super eventful or earth shattering to write anytime soon. We leave for our cruise May 2nd, which does not seem far to most, but our next doc appt. is April 27th which right now, feels like an eternity away:)

2 comments:

  1. My Mom told me Dr. L is your OB! I LOVE her! She's amazing and I hope you love her a lot your whole pregnancy! She is amazing and great at taking time to answer questions and she's also amazing in labor. And funny enough, I'll be there on the 26th for my 12 week! I had to check because at first I thought we'd be there the same day which would be too funny! Glad you're feeling great! Try to get some rest even though you're busy! After baby comes you'll nevvvver sleep - at least not for awhile (jk, but not really - lol). Oh, and I bought my maternity swimsuit at Old Navy last year. Their tankinis fully cover the belly. It's nice because I hate one pieces for using the bathroom purposes, but I like the coverage when covered in unappealing stretch marks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Ash!!! I was gonna try Target, but I think I'll try Old Navy first...the more I think about the one I bought, the more I dislike it-haha! I do LOVE Dr. L...she has been my ob/gyn since we got here, but it's a whole different game being pregnant!

    ReplyDelete