Monday, June 6, 2011

growing family

Lincoln will be half way incubated this Wednesday! I cannot believe how fast 5 months has flown by. There are times when I wish it would go even faster, but I want him to be completely ready, and the house to be completely ready to bring him home!
I am 90% sure I have felt him kick! It started like gas bubbles, which I chalked up to just that. But the past week, I have felt actual thumps in my belly! Now if this is not Lincoln kicking, there is something seriously not right going on inside of me! This pregnancy, not that I have anything to compare it to, has been wonderful. I hear some people's stories, and think wow, that does not sound fun at all. But I could not have asked for an easier time. The worst thing I'm having to work through is some pretty intense back and hip pain that will wake me at 4am nearly everyday! I took 2 Tylenol last night, and slept pretty well. I do have a call into my doctor to make sure that was ok, and how often I can safely do that.
Ben has been more than wonderful. He will wake up and talk to me during the night if I can't sleep, rub my back, make dinner, go on long walks to help ease the aches, and so much more!!! I had already decided to buy him and IPAD before Lincoln comes, just as a way to let him know how much I love and appreciate him (he has been wanting one for a while, but they are so expensive!) We have a friend at church that told us about a contest with his company, and that we could win one! Long story short, Ben sacrificed himself, made a pretty hysterical video, got tons of people to "like" it on facebook, and voila-WE WON AN IPAD!!!! I really think this was just a sweet blessing from God. We do not by any means NEED an IPAD, but we are so thankful this opportunity came up!
I am going to buy our second gallon of paint later to RE-paint the nursery. The first color came out horrible, so it was back to the drawing board. Fortunately, God has placed such sweet girls in our ministry, so we will be having a 2nd paint party later this week:) Hope you are all having a happy Monday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment