Wednesday, May 25, 2011

letter to my sweet baby

Hi my sweet little BOY!!!
Your daddy and I are so excited that we can finally call you Lincoln (not that we did not enjoy calling you Ziggy)! It is so fun that you have that identity now! We could not have been more excited than when she told us you are a boy! The doctor said you look great! You are in the 80th percentile for weight and length...Dr. L says she is sure you will be a big baby! That makes me a little nervous, as I will be the one introducing  you to the world, but I don't care. You will, and already are, worth any pain I may feel!
We have prayed for you for so many long years. It is still hard to believe that you are ours! You are a miracle that only God can give. Daddy talks to you in my belly. He tells you how much we love you and how God loves you too! We read to you at night and I sing to you....I want you to know my voice when we meet for the first time.
When we saw you yesterday, you had the hiccups. It was pretty cute. I felt bad at first, but the doctor assured me that you were just practicing your breathing for when the big day gets here! I still cry every time I get to hear you little heart beat. You make mommy smile all the time!
I want to give you the world! I don't ever want you to hurt! I know that neither of those things are realistic, but hey, a mommy can dream.
Your daddy and I want you to know what a blessing you are! You have already been used by God to glorify His name, and for that, I am so thankful!
Until we meet my sweet angel, mommy loves you so much!!!

1 comment:

  1. So glad to hear you're having a little boy! You'll love it. :) I prayed Joel would never get hurt too and of course he gets hurt every day - ha. Such is life of a Momma to boys! BUT I can tell you that when he gets hurt he will cry for you and want you and snuggle with you and expect you to make it better... and that's pretty great.

    ReplyDelete